We are happy to accept comments and suggestions from our patients. Please present your views in writing using a slip provided at reception and place in the suggestion box or via our Friends and Family station within reception at either surgery. We are always ready to read your comments online via NHS Choices.
You can also email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We always try to provide the best services possible, but there may be times when you feel this has not happened.
The following information explains our in-house complaints procedure, drawn up to respond to patient grievances. Our practice procedure is not able to deal with questions of legal liability or compensation.
We hope you will use it to allow us to look into and, if necessary, correct any problems that you have identified, or mistakes that have been made. If you use this procedure it will not affect your right to complain to the Health Services Authority.
Please note that we have to respect our duty of confidentiality to patients, if you are making a complaint on behalf of someone else, we will require their consent in writing to discuss the matter with you. A third-party complaints form can be printed here (PDF, 630KB). The patient will be called to confirm they have given consent.
If you wish to make a complaint, please telephone, write or email (via BandLP@nhs.net) our Management Team.
- Once your complaint has been received, you will receive acknowledgement within 2 working days.
- The Management Team will review your complaint and start an investigation. You may be contacted to provide further information if required.
- Once the investigation has been completed your complaint will be responded to in writing (either by letter or email). This is usually within 28 days. We will address your concerns, provide you with an explanation and discuss any action that may be needed.
- You will be offered an appointment to speak with someone in person to discuss the outcome. You may bring a friend or relative with you to the meeting.
- You will be given information about the ombudsman. The details can also be found below.
- No parts of your complaint or subsequent information will be added to your patient record.
If you would like any independent support in pursuing your complaint you are entitled to seek free assistance from the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service (VoiceAbility), who can be contacted on the following number 0300 303 1660
You have the right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) to review your complaint if you remain unhappy once local resolution is completed.
The address is
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Milbank Tower, Milbank, London. SW1P 4QP
Tel 0345 0154033
View our Complaints Leaflet here