Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- Opening TimesBuckden- Tuesday afternoon Little Paxton- Wednesday afternoon
- Additional InformationOur patients can now come to either Buckden or Little Paxton Surgery in order to have their anti-coagulation/ warfarin bloods taken. The monitoring results then go straight into our patients’ electronic records.
- Opening TimesTuesday between 11.00 - 17.00
- Additional InformationAt Buckden for all patients from both sites.
All patients are seen by the midwife at the clinics in Buckden by appointment. Please leave your details with the reception desk of your local surgery and these shall be given to the midwives.
- Opening TimesFor dates and times of the clinic please visit http://www.cambscommunityservices.nhs.uk/
- Additional InformationBuckden - At the Millennium Hall.
No appointment necessary.
Little Paxton - At the Gordon Road Community Centre. No appointment necessary.
The baby clinics are run by the health visitor for child developmental checks and allow an opportunity to discuss other problems eg sleeping, feeding and child health worries. To contact the health visitor please call 03000295050 option 4 and leave a message and she will get in contact with you.
- NameHealth Checks
- Held byHealth Care Assistants
- Additional InformationThe NHS Health Check is your chance to get your free midlife MOT.
For adults in England aged 40-74 without a pre-existing condition, it checks your circulatory and vascular health and what your risk of getting a disabling vascular disease is. It will take around 20 minutes and is based on straightforward questions and measurements such as age, family history, height and weight with a simple blood test to measure your glucose and cholesterol levels.
Please contact reception to book your health check.
Respiratory Clinic (Asthma And COPD)
- Additional InformationBuckden - Monthly, run by Practice Nurse Sharon Libby.
Little Paxton - Patients are seen by Sharon Libby on an 'as required' basis.
- Additional InformationAsk at reception for details. Diabetic patients have a comprehensive review annually and slight changes to your drugs may be made at your six monthly medication reviews.
Diabetic patients need to have a comprehensive review of their condition annually. Also, at the routine six-monthly review, the doctor may decide to make slight changes to the medication regime.
- Additional InformationDr Fargnoli carries out all minor surgical procedures by appointment, usually on a Friday afternoon at Buckden. Other Doctors carry out cryoclinic procedures (liquid nitrogen freezing) to eradicate warts and skin lesions.
- Additional InformationThese are run on Tuesdays. You cannot book these directly but have to be referred onto them. Your doctor may well refer you to these clinics if necessary for an opinion, particularly if you have difficult dermatology problems or need special medication. The clinics are run by Dr Fargnoli. Private dermatology work is undertaken on a strict case-by-case basis.
- Additional InformationWe run regular no-scalpel vasectomy clinics in our minor surgery suite at Buckden Surgery. Please contact the surgery for more details.
Private Medical Examinations
- Additional InformationThe doctors are happy to carry out medicals eg for insurance and driving licence, by appointment at both sites. Please telephone the surgery for an appointment. Do ask at reception for the charges for these services.
- Additional InformationAn influenza vaccination is particularly recommended for patients with heart, lung or kidney disease, diabetes and residents of nursing and rest homes. Pneumonia vaccinations are also included in certain age groups and for patients at risk.
Please contact the reception staff in early September for details of the vaccination dates and to make an appointment for our 'flu day' held annually on a Saturday morning both at Little Paxton and at Buckden Surgery. You may be eligible for a home visit if you are unable to attend the surgery, to have your flu vaccine administered.
- Additional InformationThese are provided at both sites.
Please make an appointment with a practice nurse well in advance of your holiday to ensure adequate cover. Please note that practice nurse appointments cannot be made online. A travel form can be filled out and returned to the reception desk. The receptionists will be happy to advise you on the next stage. A charge will be made for certain immunisations and vaccinations which are not covered by the NHS. A list of these charges is held at reception. A travel form needs to be collected, completed and returned well before your appointment.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01480 810216.